Saturday, October 17, 2009

What the Heck is Thrill of the Hunt?


Many folks have been telling me "I'm not sure I know what Thrill of the
Hunt is". In a nutshell, it is a day, 2-4 times a year, when I open up my
design studio to the public and sell my collections, props, vintage and
antique pieces acquired and just fun stuff for your home and garden
that catches my eye. I have things available for every budget, literally
starting at $1.00 going up to $5,000. I usually have small furniture
pieces, original and reproduction art; mirrors, decorative home
accessories and great gift items. Pillows, rugs, dishes (vintage and
new), serving pieces and objects of art can be found throughout the
Guest House.

While I have a European-inspired home, I admire all design styles.
Thrill is full of transitional items that I believe work in most any
decor. I love to interweave styles and think it makes a home much
more interesting. A very contemporary home can benefit from a few
well-placed antiques, just as a period home comes alive with an asian
flavor here and there.

Checkout the photos below from the last Thrill to catch a glimpse of
what I'm talking about. Each Thrill is different ~ I never know what I
might have for sale and really love everyone to just come and 'hunt'.
You might just find that perfect object that you have been looking for
or something you didn't even know you needed!

Thrill has turned into more than a day of hunting. So many familiar
faces with so many of you spreading the word to your friends and
family. I am very grateful for your support. You are the reason Thrill
continues and is growing in leaps and bounds. Friendships are made,
patched up and enriched in my little Guest House. Don't miss the next
one! Keep checking back to this website for details about future dates
in 2010. With luck, there will be news about a new location as well.
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Your partner in the 'hunt',
Laurie

No comments: