Sunday, January 31, 2010

It Has Been Too Long!

I'm ready to beat the "Winter Blahs" with the first Thrill of the Hunt
for 2010 ~ Friday and Saturday, February 19-20. The doors will be
open both days from 10 am to 3 pm, rain or shine. I'll have something
sure to cheer you up when you arrive!

Come by and wander through the treasures I have collected to spruce up
your home and garden just when you need it most. All this rain has left
many of us feeling soggy! I try to remember this is the precursor to all
the beautiful new buds and green hills coming our way.

Every day things inspire my design aesthetic. None more than color
combinations that I see in nature. When stumped on what colors work
together, just look out your window or leaf through a gardening book.

Much like you can force a bit of Spring by bringing a bowl of Paper
White bulbs and watching them peek up, you can bring sunshine into
your rooms now with a few unexpected color additions. Try adding
orange or coral in a neutral room or add lime in a yellow or blue palate.
Adding a pop of color in small doses with toss pillows, a colorful new
vase or a grouping of items on your coffee table with a chic colored tray
provides you with a lot of bang for your buck!

I'm heading to the San Francisco Design Center later this week to
preview what's new and take in some classes at the 2010 Design Week
event. I'm excited to see the new textiles and furniture lines being intro-
duced into the marketplace. I always return with renewed creativity,
lots of useful information and new ideas to share with my design clients
and Thrill goers.

Check back here often for tidbits I'll be sharing from things I learned
and ideas that popped up while being inspired walking through all the
design showrooms.

Talk to you soon ~ and see you all February 19 & 20!

No comments: