Friday, July 17, 2009

Paris Here I Come!

This has been an International Summer at our house with both our
children off in other parts of the world and being touched by their 
experiences and having some of our own.  A highlight was 4 lovely 
teenage girls from Finland staying with us for 9 days during the 
Piedmont East Bay Children's Choir International Choral Festival.  
Choirs from 10 countries and states came together for a week of 
bridging cultures through music.  Being a small part of the amazing
team planning this event for over a year, then seeing it all come 
together this week has been thrilling.  Truly unforgettable.

But now I'm ready for some concentrated "hunting"!

In just a few days, I leave for Paris to comb the flea markets and 
street fairs all over the City of Lights.  I'm staying in a charming 
apartment overlooking the Eiffel Tower in the 7E, just a couple of 
blocks from the Rue de Cler Open Markets.  Many days will also 
be spent soaking up inspiration from the art galleries and couture 
shops.  Fashion and interior design go hand-in-hand, with trends in 
color and style crossing over.  Walking the City, taking in the sights 
and boating down the Seine (not to mention eating all the fabulous 
foods!), should keep my creative juices on overload.  I plan to blog 
each day to let you in on what I've found.  To say I'm excited would 
be an understatement!  

The HUNT for a new location for "Thrill of the Hunt" continues.  I 
know the perfect spot is out there, it just hasn't presented itself yet. 
I appreciate all of your ideas, referrals and positive wishes.  It is a 
leap of faith to move "Thrill" from its cozy nest, but I'm a believer in 
the possibility of great things, so keep the ideas coming!

The next "Thrill of the Hunt" is September 27th, Sunday only.  The 
Annual Heritage House Tour is that same day.  Be sure to check back
for details on hours of operation and location of my sale. French finds
will be unpacked and ready for you to take a little piece of Paris to 
your house.

Enjoy the rest of your Summer ~ 

Au revoir!
Laurie

No comments: